In South Australia, work injuries are covered by The Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act. Most claims are handled by WorkCover and their Claims Agent - Employers Mutual Limited. Some claims are handled direct by employers, who manage their own claims and are known as "Exempt Employers".
Whatever the case may be for your work injury, early advice is important to allow you to understand your entitlements and the obligations that the WorkCover legislation imposes on both you and your employer.
The entitlements available to injured workers can include the following:
- Compensation for medical and treatment expenses
- Provision of rehabilitation assistance for home and the work place;
- Lump sum entitlements for permanent injuries.
If your work injury is the fault of someone other than your employer or co-worker, then you may be entitled to pursue a claim for compensation damages at Common Law against the person to blame. We can also help you with these claims.
If you need help in dealing with your claim at the Workers Compensation Tribunal then we can assist you with the conciliation process at no cost to you. You may, for example, need help with any of the following:
- Delay in determining to accept your claim;
- Delay in paying or reimbursing medical expenses;
- Refusal to reimburse or pay medical expenses;
- Refusal to pay income maintenance;
- The incorrect calculation of your income maintenance entitlement;
- Refusal to provide suitable rehabilitation for assistance both at home and at work.
- Determinations relating to your lump sum entitlement;
- Determinations effecting your entitlement to income maintenance as your claim progresses.
We can advise you about *“NO WIN NO FEE” for your work injury claim at your *FREE FIRST MEETING. *Conditions Apply